NTU-SBF Centre for African Studies Business Model Competition 2019
Students are invited to form teams of three (3) and to develop a business model and plan for a new business in Africa. The team can choose one of the following options:
- Develop a business model and implementation plan for a new start-up in Africa.
- Develop a business model and implementation plan for a new subsidiary in Africa of an existing Singaporean company.
The objectives of the competition are simple:
- To increase awareness of Africa as an investment destination amongst the young people of Singapore.
- To stimulate thinking of startups in the emerging countries of the world.
- To stimulate the entrepreneurial competencies of the young people of Singapore.
- All undergraduate students of Singapore are invited to participate in the Africa Business Model and Business Plan Competition 2019. Teams must consist of three (3) registered students at a registered university or polytechnic in Singapore.
- Teams are welcome to invite registered undergraduate students from other universities in Singapore to participate in their team, should they want to.
- Do an analysis of the country in Africa and industry of choice.
- Develop a feasibility study of the selected target market.
- Develop a business model for the start-up by using the framework of Osterwalder & Pigneur (2010). This is available in their book, Business Model Generation. Alternatively, a shortened pdf version is also available on the web (https://strategyzer.com/books/business-model-generation).
- Develop a business plan to bring the business model to fruition.
The groups compete for the following prizes:
- First prize: The first prize entails a visit to an African country for the winning team, where they will visit actual startups and have meetings with networks of entrepreneurs.
The prize will cover the following:
Plane tickets for the team
• Accommodation for 1 week
• All meals for the duration of the visit
• Daily spending allowance of S$150
- Second prize: S$4200 for the team
- Third prize: S$2400 for the team
Click here to download entry form.
The entry form submission deadline of this competition is 31 May 2019.
CONTACTS AND ENQUIRIES
Any questions can be directed to the Director of NTU-SBF Centre for African
- Johan Burger
|Event Date||31-May-2019 12:00 am|
|14-Mar-2019 12:00 am|
|Cut off date||31-May-2019 12:00 am|
|Location||NTU-SBF Centre for African Studies|