African Angle Breakfast Series: What does the future hold for Africa? A critical review of 8 key indicators
Africa is the scene of a number of trends, impacting the poltical, economic, social, technological, environment and security dimensions, to name but a few. These trends are bringing about changes that are important for politicians, government officials, business executives and entrepreneurs to take note of. Prof Theo Neethling, Head of the Department of Political Studies and Governance of the University of the Free State in South Africa, will be addressing these potential changes to the status quo.
Prof Neethling will address eight indicators that will be critical to the shaping of the future of Africa up to 2030. He will discuss and contextualize these indicators in the current and anticipated African political and economic landscape, as well as in a comparative global context. In addition, he will provide an extensive analysis of the projected course of Africa's development by specifically looking at several major issue arenas and variables, such as demographics, individual empowerment, technological advancement, individual empowerment, continental economics, urbanization and climate change.
Attendees can expect to gain insights into the following:
• Understanding the potential futures awaiting Africa
• Understanding the nature of the variables that will impact Africa’s futures
• Network with like-minded individuals
|Time||15 August 2019 (Thursday)|
|8.30am - 9.00am||Registration of Participants and Light Breakfast|
|9.00am - 9.45am||What does the future hold for Africa? A critical review of 8 key indicators
Prof Theo Neethling
|9.45am - 10.00am||Question & Answer Session|
• Registration is on a first-come first-served basis, and closes at noon on Wednesday 14 August 2019.
• Given building security at SBF Center, we highly recommend all participants register in advance for the event, in order to facilitate with seamless admission on event-day.
• The organisers reserve the right to make amendments and/or changes to the programme, venue, speakers and/or topics if warranted by circumstances beyond control.
|Event Date||15-Aug-2019 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||15-Aug-2019 10:00 am|
|05-Jul-2019 12:00 am|
|Cut off date||14-Aug-2019 12:00 pm|
|Location||SBF Seminar Room 1 @ SBF Center|